About our Tax Practice:
At Green Hasson Janks, our Tax Practice is comprised of nearly 50 professionals, the majority of whom have post-graduate degrees in tax, law or business and have previously worked with “Big Four” accounting firms. Our dedicated tax team is specifically trained in dealing with complex tax issues for privately held businesses, including federal, state and local tax strategies, tax credit maximization, estate planning and international matters. We work with our clients to find appropriate solutions to maximize tax benefits and savings, providing sophisticated advice tailored for each client.
We also provide our clients with the added bonus of having access to tax and industry resources that highlight emerging trends and inspire thoughtful discussions amongst peers and industry leaders through our events, blogs and publications.
Our team prides itself on its ability to understand the strategic vision of our clients and work toward common goals while maintaining the proper level of independence. We see ourselves as more than just tax accountants; we want to be true advisors and collaborators with our clients.
Most importantly, GHJ is looking for tax professionals to join our team who want to #BeMore. With our commitment to anytime/anywhere work, our support of flexible work environments and our passion for health and wellness, our Firm wants people who live their best lives, for themselves, their family and GHJ and its clients.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for organizing and coordinating clients’ tax data for the accurate, timely completion of tax returns.
- Reviews tax information submitted by client for completeness.
- Possesses knowledge of tax regulations in order to answer clients’ questions.
- Prepares personal tax returns of various complexities through utilization of computer software.
- Prepares corporate, partnership, and S-corp returns not requiring advanced expertise.
- Prepares amended returns of any variety and complexity.
- Prepares personal tax projections through utilization of computer software.
- Responds to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of any letters required.
- Performs tax research projects requiring minimal expertise.
- Completes S-election and requests for accounting changes, as required.
- Makes adjusting entries and completes trial balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Maintains a good understanding of depreciation and depreciation computer software package in order to set up clients and read and understand depreciation reports.
- Prepares tax accruals as may be required in preparing corporate tax returns.
- Works with confidential client matters; requires ability to keep matters confidential.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least one year experience preparing individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns.
- Work with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review.
- Assist with responses to notices from the IRS and other reporting agencies.
- Assist in the projection of year-end filings.
- Ability to compute quarterly estimates and other computations as needed.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator and other general office equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent
Green Hasson Janks is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Named “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal, eighth times since 2008, and awarded the 2018 Employee Champion For Life Work Harmony Award by the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, Green Hasson Janks provides an environment where talented and career-minded individuals can grow personally and professionally. Our exceptional team, comprised of high achievers engaged in the development of their own careers, is encouraged, recognized and rewarded for that individual achievement. If you’re looking for a long-term career in an organization that you can feel good about, where your skills are valued as an essential component of our success, then we want to meet you.