About our Audit Practice:
At Green Hasson Janks, we focus on helping forward-thinking, entrepreneurial organizations with assurance and advisory services designed to help companies with compliance, reporting and strategic planning.
We provide our clients with the added bonus of having access to industry resources and benchmarking that highlight emerging trends and inspire thoughtful discussions amongst peers and industry leaders through our events, blogs and publications.
Our team prides itself on its ability to understand the strategic vision of our clients and work toward common goals while maintaining the proper level of independence. We are looking for employees that are more than just auditors, but strive to be true advisors and collaborators with our clients.
Most importantly, GHJ is looking for auditors to join our team who want to #BeMore. With our commitment to anytime/anywhere work, our support of flexible work environments and our passion for health and wellness, our Firm wants people who live their best lives, for themselves, their family and GHJ and its clients.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Audit Senior Associates perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more associates, instruct them on work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Senior Associates are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, senior manager, principal, or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, seniors, staff, and interns, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards to verify accuracy and validity of client's financial matters.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or partners is kept to a minimum.
- “In-charge” of audits, reviews, or compilations; responsible for all stages of the engagement—planning, fieldwork and wrap-up.
- Prepares financial statements and apply areas of GAAP.
- Makes suggestions to improve client processes and accounting procedures.
- Responsible for training and supervising Associates
- Prepares staff evaluation reports for the review and approval of manager and partner.
- Document, validate, develop tests and assess various control systems.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent
- Either hold a current and valid CPA license or working towards obtaining the license
Green Hasson Janks is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Named “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal, eighth times since 2008, and awarded the 2018 Employee Champion For Life Work Harmony Award by the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, Green Hasson Janks provides an environment where talented and career-minded individuals can grow personally and professionally. Our exceptional team, comprised of high achievers engaged in the development of their own careers, is encouraged, recognized and rewarded for that individual achievement. If you’re looking for a long-term career in an organization that you can feel good about, where your skills are valued as an essential component of our success, then we want to meet you.