About our CCF Practice:
Green Hasson Janks is one of the premiere participation audit firms in the United States. We perform examinations of motion picture and television producers and distributors to recover money and other valuable benefits while helping enhance relationships with the third party.
Our professionals have extensive career experience with a wide range of global home entertainment companies, including every major Hollywood studio and many smaller studios and independent producers. Our dedicated team has extensive participation audit experience, providing services related to more than 80 of the top 100 grossing films of all time as well as a long list of top-rated television series.
Our team prides itself on its ability to understand the strategic vision of our clients and work toward common goals while maintaining the proper level of independence. We are looking for employees that are more than just accountant, but strive to be true advisors and collaborators with our clients.
Most importantly, GHJ is looking for accountants to join our team who want to #BeMore. With our commitment to anytime/anywhere work, our support of flexible work environments and our passion for health and wellness, our Firm wants people who live their best lives, for themselves, their family and GHJ and its clients.
Summary of Responsibilities:
A Manager is the liaison between the partner, the client, the studio and the professional staff. Managers are responsible for managing multiple auditing projects and client engagements simultaneously, and scheduling, staffing, and coordinating engagement workflow. Managers develop and train staff, and join associations to develop new business for the firm.
- Prepares engagement letter for approval by partner.
- Prepares and adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Arranges for client billings.
- Coordinates with executive assistant relating to overdue bills.
- Assists in litigation support.
- Updates studio status reports.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Participates in firm's practice development efforts.
- Builds client relationships.
- Participates in marketing, networking and business development.
- Applies knowledge of business functions, processes and strategies.
- Supervises, directs and reviews the results of the engagement.
- Supervise and train seniors and staff and provides on-the-job training, reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Responsible for the engagement profitability – billings and collections.
- Participates in the firm’s committees and management meeting.
- Ability to identify problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Keeps partner informed of all important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its financial standards.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and developments.
- Actively involved in settlement meetings and prepares clients for such settlement meetings.
- Discusses studio status reports with senior auditors and partners.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least 5 years of experience in television and motion picture participation auditing.
- Has (or within a year to obtain) a CPA or a CFE designation.
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing education each year to maintain and develop their technical and business skills as well as to maintain licenses requirements.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Bachelor degree in Business, with emphasis in Accounting and CPA.
Green Hasson Janks is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Named “Best Places to Work” by the Los Angeles Business Journal, eighth times since 2008, and awarded the 2018 Employee Champion For Life Work Harmony Award by the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, Green Hasson Janks provides an environment where talented and career-minded individuals can grow personally and professionally. Our exceptional team, comprised of high achievers engaged in the development of their own careers, is encouraged, recognized and rewarded for that individual achievement. If you’re looking for a long-term career in an organization that you can feel good about, where your skills are valued as an essential component of our success, then we want to meet you.