Our Nonprofit Practice serves tax-exempt organizations by providing personalized and tailored services in the areas of assurance and advisory, taxes and business consulting. We have the privilege of providing audit, accounting, tax and consulting services to more than 100 nonprofit clients. For over 30 years, we have worked with both private foundations and public charities and are well versed on current nonprofit benchmarking and governance issues.
Currently, Green Hasson Janks serves over 50 private foundation clients. In fact, we provide audit and/or tax services to ten of the top 25 private foundations in Southern California. We pride ourselves on our ability to understand nonprofits’ strategic visions and ability to work toward common goals while maintaining the proper level of independence. A number of our staff also serves on the boards of nonprofit organizations, which give them insight to the operational and financial challenges unique to the industry.
But serving nonprofits is not just what we do; it is who we are. Our Firm supports the community and nonprofit organizations through donations of both time and money. Along with encouraging our staff to become involved in community projects and hosting volunteer projects throughout the year, we hold an annual Community Day each year. For Community Day, the Firm closes its doors for an entire day and all our partners and employees perform community service, raise funds and volunteer at one of our nonprofit clients or an organization within the community. To learn more about our community involvement, please click here.
Our team is also often engaged to speak on topics of interest to the nonprofit sector including financial management and infrastructure, cost allocations, financial statement presentation, key ratio indicators on financial statements, and funding trends. To help management and board members earn CPE credits while learning about the latest updates in regulations, legislation and the nonprofit business environment, we offer workshops, conferences, an annual accounting and tax update and client-specific nonprofit trainings.
You can also learn more about our Nonprofit Tax Services here.
Industry Specific Service Offerings
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Benchmarking and Best Practice Models
- Board Governance Assessment
- Budgets and Cash-flow Projections
- Corporate, Pass-through and Individual State and Local Tax Planning and Compliance
- Cost Allocation Plans to Maximize Grant Funding
- Employee Benefit Plan and Pension Audits
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Statement Audits
- Internal Control Strengthening and Assessment
- Merger and Acquisition Consulting
- Nonprofit Tax Services: IRS Forms 990, 990-T and 900-PF, State of California Forms 199 and 109, State of California Attorney General Form RRF-1 and Various Other Returns
- Proactive Tax Research
- Single Audits
- Special Projects
- Training and Education for Uniform Grant Guidance, Yellow Book and GAAP
- Yellow Book Audits
Who We Serve
- Arts Organizations
- Charter Schools
- Childcare Programs
- Community Service Organizations
- Counseling Centers
- Environmental Organizations
- Family Health Clinics
- Foster Family Agencies
- Membership Organizations
- Mental Health Clinics
- Non-public Schools
- Private Foundations
- Residential Facilities
- Senior Service Organizations
- Statewide Associations