Green Hasson Janks Partner Polina Chapiro and Venable LLP discussed tax legislation updates for entertainment industry on Feb. 8, 2018. The panel provided an overview of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and its implications to film and TV talent, production companies and athletes.
- Qualification for the 20-percent pass-through deduction on entertainment businesses, including loanout companies and production companies
- Structuring entertainment businesses going forward
- New cost recovery rules applicable to producers and owners of copyrights
- Effect of repealed deductions on athletes and talent who do not use a loanout company
- International tax implications for entertainment businesses with offshore activity
Following the program, guests had the opportunity to ask questions and enjoy conversation with panelists over drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
Alan Epstein, Partner and Chair, Media and Entertainment Practice Group, Venable LLP
Shane Nix, Counsel, Venable LLP
Polina Chapiro, Partner, Green Hasson Janks
Bob Jason, Principal, Nigro Karlin Segal Feldstein & Bolno
Los Angeles, CA 90067
If you have any questions please contact:
Click here to RSVP
Click here to learn more about Green Hasson Janks Entertainment Practice.