At Green Hasson Janks, our specialized State and Local Tax Practice works with our clients to help them understand and comply with complex multistate tax rules that affect their businesses and personal situations. We proactively identify state and local tax planning opportunities that will maximize tax benefits and savings for each client. Our team focuses on assisting clients with multistate income and franchise tax, sales and use tax, and credits and incentives.
Our state and local tax professionals have experience dealing with businesses of all size including large publically traded corporations, small businesses and sole proprietorships. Our industry experience includes but is not limited to retail, manufacturing, technology, services, financial services, transportation, entertainment/media and wholesale distribution.
Additionally, through our affiliation with HLB International, we have access to state and local tax resources across the United States.
- City Gross Receipt Taxes
- Credits and Incentives – Hiring Credits, Movie Production, etc.
- Day-to-Day Consulting Questions
- Due Diligence – Buy and Sell Side
- Employment Taxes
- Multistate Income and Franchise Tax
- Multistate Sales and Use Tax
- Non-resident Withholding
- Property Tax Abatements and Reductions
- Refund Review for Sales Tax and Income Tax
- State Apportionment and Nexus Reviews
- State Credits and Incentives
- State Gross Receipt Tax
- Structure Planning and Analysis
- Tax Provision Assistance – FAS 5 and ASC 740
- Tax Shelter “Disclosure” Compliance
- Transaction Planning
- Unclaimed Property Assistance
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements
Who We Serve
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Pass-through Entities
- Sole Proprietors